Friday, April 19, 2013

Q is for Quiz


     I’m a quiz junkie. “Is Your Relationship in Danger?” “Ten Ways to Tell if He is Cheating” “Could She be The ONE?” I just can’t help myself. I find them interesting for what they tell me about myself. Will I get insights so I can intervene and not be one of the negative relationship statistics?

     Well, if you’re still reading this, then you are, too! Maybe it was all the testing they did on us as kids that permanently wired our brains to seek and take tests to challenge ourselves and our understanding. Whatever!

     I put together a little quiz for you based on reading myriad relationship articles to do this blog and my relationship tweets over the years. I hope you have fun with it! It’s pretty simple. Pick the yes or no column based on whether or not you mostly agree or mostly disagree with the statement.

     Check the ones you agree with in the yes column; if it doesn’t describe your relationship, check no. Add them up at the end.

Yes
No
Statements:


Our arguments never end. We continue them fight to fight.


We don’t try to impress one another with our looks anymore.


I don’t remember the last time either of us said “thank you”.


Date night often gets bumped for other commitments.


We don’t do little things for one another anymore.


I keep track of who does what to make sure it’s fair job sharing.


I more often use a snappish tone with him/her than with others.


It seems nothing I do, say, or wear is acceptable.


I don’t remember the last time we just laughed at nothing.


We do more group dates than just the two of us.


Sometimes I imagine life without him/her.


Sex is okay but not as exciting as it once was.

If you marked 8-12 Yes, you are having relationship problems. Seek professional help/counseling if you want to save the relationship. If not, bail now and do both of you a favor.

If you marked 4-7 Yes, you should look to the areas you need to change. You can save this relationship with some work on both parts. But if you have to do it alone at first, it could be worth it.

If you marked 1-3 Yes, welcome to the real world. Who said it would be perfect? Don’t give up trying for perfection, however.

If you marked 0 Yes--Yeah! Right! Ha ha. That's a good one!

4 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for quizzes too. :) Although your quiz was fun, I didn't need to take it to know that my relationship needs work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and commenting, Jessica. I hope you saw some patterns that you identified with. Did it reinforce what you knew already or find new fissures? It is not always impossible to heal a relationship; it sometimes just takes really hard work. Knowing there's work to be done is such an important first step. Committing to the work is the harder one. I wish health and healing for your relationship!

      Delete
  2. My score was even. But, we're over 70, so a lot of the questions didn't apply. Thanks for a fun quiz.
    Francene.
    A - Z Challenge
    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francene, sounds like your relationship is working! Good for you. I am blessed to be in a healthy relationship myself, but I've had my share of negative ones in the past. Thanks for coming by and commenting! Hope to see you again.

      Delete